Frys Electronics - Warranty not honored - Waterproof camera was exposed to water!
I went to exchange the camera (sony dsc-tx10) using the warranty sold to me at the time of purchase. First I went to the frys in Burbank CA and they had us wait around 45 minutes while they figured out how to search for a customer record in their own system....
They removed everything from the camera in the office and took us out to get a temp until they could do the repairs... I didn't have an issue at this point when they finally finished all the paperwork and we're about to walk out the door they said the system was down and we would have to come back tomorrow. Unfortunately I had a train to catch so I spent the next 2 weeks in AZ taking pics with an Iphone.
Finally made it to vegas wih a frys and expcted it to go a bit smoother, boy was I wrong. First we get there and the rep tells me that far from being able to replace o repair that the camera was exposed to liquids due to slight corrosion on the HDMI port. This is a waterproof camera that they said I had voided their warranty since it had been exposed to liquids.
When I purchased the camera the frys rep said if anything ever went wrong I could come to locations and they would just swap it out with either the same or the latest model etc etc. After speaking to the Vegas store manager she said "sales people will say anything to close a sale and it only matters whats in the contract". So I had to remind her that they are in fact her sales people. after a blank non comprehending stare she tried to say the camera they sold for a total of 329.99 was only $33 in her system so she could discount that from a camera if I wanted to purchase another one. Since the warranty was an additional $50 this didn't sound like the best of plans. The best part is they are going to charge me 69.99 to have it looked at.
I am filing an AG & BBB complaints to try and resolve the issue but remain doubtful. $%^& Frys. The sad prt was I have never had a problemin my on state with themhonoring warranties or deilvering products on schedule. I take care of purchasing for my company and the business they stand to lose because of a %$&*ing camera is just ***.
I especially liked the part how this will take 4-12 weeks! To check on status I was told to call them, they will then email the repair department, and then I should call again after they get the reply. (how I am supposed to know when they get a reply was not described but I am sure it involves tin foil and possibly tarot cards.
They will not deliver the product to an address designated, I have to go back to Vegas (keep in mind I'm on vaca) to pick up the camera. I was told they are no staples or office depot they have no way to deliver return to the customer directly... its called the post office guys look into it.
Either way, I will never recommend fry's and will become a vocal opponent to anyone I ever work with purchasing things from there again. I was happy to see the friends that waited through the 2hr+ process had a cart full of items for their home and after seeing how I was treated asked the clerk to return the couple grand in merchandise they had been planning on purchasing =)
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Warranty Contract
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "This is the most amazing place we have ever been they are the coolest venue in clermont they have a display pool and do full service construstion for pools and..."
- "Bought a pair of headphones a few weeks ago, when i got home opened the box and they were broken. Tried to return them and was tols I must have..."
- "DO NOT purchase Web Watcher iOS to monitor you kids iPod usage. Their screenshots of the features were misleading and made it look like it records "everything", but it..."
- "When I returned home Thursday afternoon my internet service via Sudden Link was inoperative.After 3 attempts at resetting modems and routers I figured it was..."
- "I would like to apply for a Canadian permanent residency from Dubai. I am an Indian with a masters in business administration and currently working as a Business Development Manager..."
- "Before I get into my review of my experience with Preview Models, I would first like to be one of the first to step out from behind the veil of..."
- "Lennar is building in my Tapestry neighborhood in Las Vegas. They are the new "overseers" here. However, Lennar doesn't seem to work with Tapestry HOA, or vice versa, as Tapestry..."
- "Tivoli Village Las Vegas David Barton Steam Room Men's Locker room. Tivoli Village Rotunda 2nd Floor David Barton Gym. What happens in Steam room stays in Steam Room. I'm sure..."
- "Scott Allan / Scott Karosa FINED $7500 by NV Div of Mortgage Lending Scott Allan (formerly-known-as) Scott Karosa is ordered by the Nevada Division of Mortgage Lending to pay a fine..."