Frys Electronics - Warranty not honored - Waterproof camera was exposed to water!
I went to exchange the camera (sony dsc-tx10) using the warranty sold to me at the time of purchase. First I went to the frys in Burbank CA and they had us wait around 45 minutes while they figured out how to search for a customer record in their own system....
They removed everything from the camera in the office and took us out to get a temp until they could do the repairs... I didn't have an issue at this point when they finally finished all the paperwork and we're about to walk out the door they said the system was down and we would have to come back tomorrow. Unfortunately I had a train to catch so I spent the next 2 weeks in AZ taking pics with an Iphone.
Finally made it to vegas wih a frys and expcted it to go a bit smoother, boy was I wrong. First we get there and the rep tells me that far from being able to replace o repair that the camera was exposed to liquids due to slight corrosion on the HDMI port. This is a waterproof camera that they said I had voided their warranty since it had been exposed to liquids.
When I purchased the camera the frys rep said if anything ever went wrong I could come to locations and they would just swap it out with either the same or the latest model etc etc. After speaking to the Vegas store manager she said "sales people will say anything to close a sale and it only matters whats in the contract". So I had to remind her that they are in fact her sales people. after a blank non comprehending stare she tried to say the camera they sold for a total of 329.99 was only $33 in her system so she could discount that from a camera if I wanted to purchase another one. Since the warranty was an additional $50 this didn't sound like the best of plans. The best part is they are going to charge me 69.99 to have it looked at.
I am filing an AG & BBB complaints to try and resolve the issue but remain doubtful. $%^& Frys. The sad prt was I have never had a problemin my on state with themhonoring warranties or deilvering products on schedule. I take care of purchasing for my company and the business they stand to lose because of a %$&*ing camera is just ***.
I especially liked the part how this will take 4-12 weeks! To check on status I was told to call them, they will then email the repair department, and then I should call again after they get the reply. (how I am supposed to know when they get a reply was not described but I am sure it involves tin foil and possibly tarot cards.
They will not deliver the product to an address designated, I have to go back to Vegas (keep in mind I'm on vaca) to pick up the camera. I was told they are no staples or office depot they have no way to deliver return to the customer directly... its called the post office guys look into it.
Either way, I will never recommend fry's and will become a vocal opponent to anyone I ever work with purchasing things from there again. I was happy to see the friends that waited through the 2hr+ process had a cart full of items for their home and after seeing how I was treated asked the clerk to return the couple grand in merchandise they had been planning on purchasing =)
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Warranty Contract
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Anyone should do the same, complaints to the Federal Trade Commission and FBI. Sps Review Forum Scam - complaint to the Federal Trade Commission. Sps Review Forum Scam - complaint to..."
- "So I am a female escort... and naturally backpage.com has the entire escort market monopolized. So I choose to do my business there. Before posting any ads on backpage I..."
- "If you are reading this report and you have used Yaya Maria of OrishaAshe.com, then you already know you didn’t see any results. You lost a lot of money and..."
- "I had a very old promotional Chipotle coupon that looked like a playing card, good for a free Burrito. There is no expiration date and I have used others in..."
- "Life Time Fitness in Las Vegas (based in MN) has a NO CELL PHONE policy for the locker room, which they never enforced. I complained July 2014 cell phones..."
- "I went to the McDonalds on Boulder Highway near Flamingo in Las Vegas this morning. I ordered a Sausage McMuffin with Egg and a large coffee, then changed the..."
- "We have had several epic fails with otterbox but we got the new samsung galaxy s7 for my husband on black friday. They didnt have any lifeproof cases in so..."
- "I bought a $14.00 pair of earrings that looked beautiful on their website. They looked stunning, and I was so excited to get them. I got them in the mail..."
- "Watch out for Lam.Nguyen @infinitioftampa.com , he'll attempt to scam you. I was interested in a pre-owned QX56 and he scammed me for over three days leading me to believe..."