150 S Bent Ave, San Marcos, CA 92069, USA
Featured Not resolved
2.1

I purchased a 75 inch Television at Frys.com for my wife's surprise birthday. The television was locally delivered by a nearby Fry's store. The television was dropped off in our garage. The television was removed from the box and inspected by the driver. The television was never plugged in, but the driver had me sign something and left Later, when we turned on the TV, a large internal crack that immediately appeared from what I've read was most likely a thermal defect which made the TV unwatchable. I called Frys.com, and said since it was locally delivered I would have to deal with my local Fry's store if I wanted it replaced.

The following is an account of my experience with Fry's:

Day 1: Called Frys, told the Store Manager will call you back.

Day 2: No one called. Called Frys, told the Store Manager will call you back.

Day 3: No one called. Called Frys, told the Store Manager will call you back.

Day 4: No one called. DROVE down to Frys, asked for the Store Manager. Said we will replace your TV, but unfortunately they did not have the same TV in stock, so it may take a few days.

Day 5: Received an email ad stating they are having a sale on the SAME TV, SAME MODEL # and it was available at the same store! Since we're not a fan of being lied to, went down to Fry's and they agreed to have someone replace the TV.

Day 6: Driver comes in (same driver who dropped it off!) with new TV. Said needs to inspect old TV. first Takes a bunch of pictures while talking to Store Manager on the phone. Told me there was that although I was in their 30 day return window, there was nothing they can do, but since there was no external damage they can contact the manufacturer "on my behalf". Said they cannot replace the TV and leaves with new TV. but don't worry "my store manager will call you back in 24 hours."

Store manager never called.

If anyone wants a 75" broken TV let me know...

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments